Cost Breakdown:
INGREDIENTSCOST
1 head garlic $0.59 -> $0.50 (could have gone way cheaper by getting bulk from asian market)
0.5T oil $0.09 -> 0
1# shells $1.29
15 oz. ricotta cheese $2.45
0.25c grated parmesan $0.23
S&P $0.05 -> 0
1 pint cherry tomatoes $2.50 -> $3
3 cups baby spinach $1.33
TOTAL $8.53
1. Cook the pasta, and reserve a cup of that starchy water.
2. Meanwhile, cut 1 head of garlic in half, drizzle with oil, then microwave for a minute.
3. Mix the ricotta, salt, pepper, and reserved water till smooth.
4. Drain pasta once its al dente, and add the spinach. Mix till the spinach is slightly wilted.
5. Mix everything together, and serve warm.
Will fill in the rest of the cost breakdown when I can find the receipt or when I go to Ralphs again. My reciept came out to $20+, but that was including ingredients for this which I'll make once the chicken defrosts.
This definitely lasted a long time, but isn't something I'd make too often, I smell like death afterwards, possibly due to microwaving the garlic rather than sauteeing it.
Notes:
- Definitely want to use the red cherry tomatoes next time. The sun gold ones are sweeter, but look like crap in there.
- I desperately need a new pepper mill, the old one's grider is all but useless. Also, find where the fuck my peppercorns went.
- Undersalted the pasta, but it worked out. Parm and the cheese sauce provided a healthy dose of salt.
- Would be a good use for those grilled chicken strip shit bags. What else can I add to this without making cooking this complicated?
- I want to try this cold.

No comments:
Post a Comment